Morgan Wallen and Post Malone release “I Had Help”

Post Malone and Morgan Wallen

The moment country music fans have been waiting for is finally here.

On Friday, May 10, Morgan Wallen and Post Malone released their collaborative single “I Had Some Help” after weeks of teasing it on social media. An accompanying music video will air at 10 a.m. ET.

Malone, 28, first teased the song with a 17-second clip on TikTok in April and had fans begging the duo to release the single. Then, during Wallen’s concert at Stagecoach, he brought Malone to perform the song live for the first time.

The country-pop infused track seamlessly blends the vocals of Wallen, 30, and Malone as they sing about a breakup.

“I had help/It’s not like I could make this kind of mess on my own/Don’t act like you didn’t help me get that bottle off the shelf,” they sing -they in chorus.

Following their performance at Stagecoach, Wallen and Malone announced on social media that they were finally going to release the song.

Before “I Had Some Help,” Malone took the stage with HARDY and Wallen at the 2023 CMA Awards to honor the late Joe Diffie with renditions of “John Deere Green” and “Pickup Man.”

He also had his own set at Stagecoach where he performed a series of country covers and brought out country stars like Brad Paisley, Sara Evans and Dwight Yoakam. He is also scheduled to perform at the ACM Awards on May 16.

By Billboardthe “Chemical” singer confirmed he’s making a country record during a Twitch livestream.

“The country record is coming. I keep singing a song that we wrote while I was in Nashville. It’s so crazy, but it hasn’t come out,” he said, according to the outlet.

Post Malone and Morgan Wallen perform at the CMA Awards in Nashville in November 2023.

Astrida Valigorsky/WireImage

Meanwhile, Wallen is currently on the One Night at a Time world tour, which he will do through August.

Before beginning this leg of the tour, Wallen was arrested on felony charges in Nashville for allegedly throwing a chair off a six-story bar in Nashville.

On Friday April 19, he addressed the arrest with a statement about.

“I didn’t feel good in public until I made amends with some people. I contacted Nashville law enforcement, my family and the good people at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my behavior and I accept responsibility,” he wrote. “I have the utmost respect for the officers who work every day to keep us safe. When it comes to my mission, there will be no change.”

A hearing was held on Friday May 3 and his lawyer Worrick Robinson appeared in court for him.

After discussion between the judge and lawyers, the case will now continue in August. Speaking to reporters after the hearing, Robinson said it was “a very typical day in a criminal case in Davidson County General Sessions Court.”

“This is obviously a very complicated case and it will not be resolved without subpoenas and without witnesses,” the lawyer told reporters. “We’ll work on the case on our end, and then Morgan will be here on August 15. A number of things could happen: we could have a hearing, we could settle the case or the case could continue. Those are the options.”

Robinson continued: “We are not obligated to enter a plea of ​​any kind.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *